Thursday, July 14, 2011

The World Still Spins

So while we wait, the world still spins and there is work to be done.
Matt is working like crazy to get  things established with his new role in a new town, and I am loving that he is up and gone at a decent time of  8:30am-ish and not while its still dark, returning home to me again by 5:30pm-ish each night its just fabulous to be able to spend quality time with each other.

And I to am trying like crazy to get things off the ground with my business as a Lorraine Lea Linen consultant. I truly am loving my job, and it was great having it running so smoothly before the move and now its just a little hard to get it up and going in the new town, its like starting from scratch again but in the mean time I still have parties to do from where I was so thats good to know.. the flexibility and the fun I get to have with this Job is so worth the struggle and the time and energy to kick it off the ground over here and not just rely on the other parties that are now such a distance to travel for.

As I speak with the people around me to drum up business, I am getting an albeit small glimpse into our future. Fitting in life around the kids and social/sporting commitments, it really makes me glad that I am in the job I'm in and even more that Matt as a Youth Worker is in the new role he is in.
I see the free time that we now have being filled with all manner of activities, Homework, playtime, stories before bed, getting ready for school. And as silly as this might sound to some I look forward to the tantrums too, the I don't wanna eat that, or have a bath, or do my homework, or pick up those toys and clothes.

It's a little funny actually when we sat back talking about it last night.. we could just imagine our kids sneaking out of bed asking for a drink of water or for another cuddle just so they could see us and maybe even be like the grownups and stay up past bedtime.. you know all the things we used to do when we were kids.
Also us going past the bedroom door to hear them still awake and playing with flashlights under their doona's making up imaginary worlds of their own..

Also with my work you heard the word Linen, well for me at the moment they have the sweetest and coolest new designs to go on beds and I keep looking at them going I wish I had someone to tuck up in that at night and read a story too, and even Matt last night said he loved the new Boys ones and thinks we should get a bed that looks like a race car so we can put the boys designs on it.

All of these hopes and dreams we know will one day soon come true. But for now like so many others out there, we wait, and dream, and hope for the day when our kids can come home to us.
So that we can share with and encourage them to seek out their hopes, and dreams for the future.

Lord I pray this not just for us but for all those who are waiting, that you will make us all ready for those angels that come into our lives. Please give us the patience and joy we seek, and guide us to help them live happy, healthy, supported lives of their own. Help us be prepared for what ever twists and turns this journey takes us on. Lord I pray with is your name  AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment