Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Enhanced Prayer, and Off to School

So I am a firm believer in prayer, and I tend to spend much of the day in prayer over one thing or another.. I have been finding more and more though that it has become more intense in these past months. Yes granted this could because of the place of complete surrender I have been trying to keep myself in. But I also believe it has something to do with the type of prayer.

Some times we can get so caught up in the world and activities around us that we get into auto pilot of what we are thinking and praying about.  These past 2 months with the move, there has been a dramatic shift in location, emotion, situation, and I believe this has given birth to a definite shift in prayer, both in the doing and the listening to what God is saying.

And I must admit I love it.. its been a really interesting change, rather than a constant prayer in desperation for Jesus to move in my heart and in my life, to take me out of the complacency that I had settled into and really stamp a mark in my life that I could not deny. Well again in an answer to prayer he has done that, He has enriched my time of prayer, shifted my thoughts to look more closely at what is really important, And I believe that through others He is encouraging us to open our hearts more to the children He is surrounding us with in a matter of preparation for the future adoptive children we have enter our lives..

My Prayers have turned from desperation to thankfulness. I was looking through my old prayer journals a while back and a constant theme that ran through them was Please Lord, Please,  to now saying Thank you Lord, Thank you,  for even the smallest things from the sun coming out in the day, to the blessing of my mum still being with us, from tea tasting great, to Matt being home safely.

God is good all the time, all the time God is good!

So its the 20th of July by this time next month we will have been to 2 of the Permanent Care Training Sessions , and as silly as this sounds I feel excited like a kid going to school for the first time. Does anyone else feel the same, its all exciting with new people/friends to meet who will be looking at the same information as us, who are all hopeful to become parents too, where there will be lots of information for us to learn and take in,
just minus the uniform and packed lunch. hahahaa

But seriously while it is very important and will be difficult along the road ahead, it is so exciting to know that at the end of the road will be our children waiting for us to bring them home.  :)

So going back to study again next week, at The Salvation Army Training College,  real school work and assignments, it will be interesting to see how that all pans out. I am hopeful that God has worked in me this past semester and prepared me for Mission Foundations and that He will continue to develop me further.

anyhoot can't sit round here all day blogging ..

Hope everyone has a spectacular day..

Kat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment